INSURANCE OVERVIEW According to immigration laws of the Republic of Turkey –
- Proof of health insurance coverage policy is required for obtaining the Student Resident Permit
- It is essential and obligatory that all students have valid insurance coverage for the total duration of their studies while registered at Yeditepe University.
- Students must be covered at the time of entering Turkey and throughout their stay until the end of the study duration period.
- This is a government requirement: the university and international office can only offer a recommendation.
IMMIGRATION - VISA / Residence Permit
International students who are citizens of countries that require a visa to enter Turkey must obtain a Student Visa before entering Turkey.
An example of the resident permit;
You can find a quick guideline here.
For further information see video here.
- As of 1 January 2015, in accordance with the article 7.1b of “the Law on Foreigners and International Protection” no. 6458, foreigners wishing to enter Turkey should carry a travel document (passport) with an expiration date at least 60 days beyond the “duration of stay” of their visa, e-Visa, visa exemption, or residence permit.
- Please check the relevant website for your visa status: http://www.goc.gov.tr/icerik3/general-information_917_1060_8860
- Students need a "Letter of Acceptance" from Yeditepe University in order to apply for a student visa.
- Visa Applications sometimes request a fee payment.
- Allow 2 to 6 weeks for a visa to be issued by the Embassy / Consulate, depending on the country of residence.
For further information and help with accommodations/residence permit/academic issues contact ESN/YISS Club at firstname.lastname@example.org by joining YISS Group on Facebook. (In order to join the group send your student ID to the group admin.)