- Applications will be done through the online system between January 20, 2020 – February 7th, 2020 18:00.
- Students should apply within this application call for participating the mobility Fall Semester and/or Spring Semester during 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- Please check the process calendar located on our website regarding dates of application, language exam dates etc.
- In order to be able to apply, please read carefully all the information on this guideline.
- After submitting the online application, there cannot be any change. Please do not forget to check all the application fields before submitting your application.
- In case of technical problems/errors please take a screenshot and send it with an explanation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must be a full time registered student at one of the degree programs Undergraduate, Masters/PHD) in Yeditepe University.
- Minimum CGPA criteria;
- For undergraduate students minimum CGPA of 2.20/4.00
- For graduate and PhD students minimum CGPA of 2.50/4.00
- Minimum language score: 60/100
- To be eligible to participate in Erasmus learning mobility, applicants must have enough ECTS credits/student workload. According to European Commission’s ECTS Users’ Guide, students are obliged to take 30 ECTS at partner institution per semester.
- Credits that are successfully obtained at the partner university have to be transferred.
- Within the same education level (undergraduate, graduate, PhD) the duration of mobility can be maximum 12 months in total (with or without grant).
- Double Major students can only apply for one of their majors for this academic year’s call.
- Preparatory School students and graduates cannot apply for the program.
IMPORTANT: Students will be contacted via their std.yeditepe.edu.tr e-mail regardless given e-mail addresses in Erasmus application. Students are obliged to check their student e-mail address.
1st Step: Online Application
Application Link: https://exchangeprogram.yeditepe.edu.tr/
All applications have to be made online.
- Application dates: January 20, 2020 – February 7th, 2020 18:00. Online system will be available only application period.
- Please check How to Apply page before applying the system: https://international.yeditepe.edu.tr/global-study-programs/outgoing/how-apply
- In order to log-in to the online system, you have to use your OBS System username and password.
- Students who will apply for the first time have to click “Exchange Programs Pre-Application Link” and fill in the pre-registration fields.
- Students who already have a profile/application on the system from previous year, can directly login to the system.
- In order for the application to be validated, it has to be terminated by clicking the “Finish application process” button. Applications which are not finalized will be considered invalid.
- List of students who completed their application thoroughly, should bring the required documents before the announced deadline.
- Students whose applications are not accepted due to any reason will be further informed via e-mail.
- Please consult your Erasmus Department Coordinators for partner universities before submitting your application. After submitting the application, university preferences cannot be changed.
2nd Step: After Online Application
In order to complete your application, you should submit the documents mentioned below to the Erasmus Office after completing your online application, no later than 7th February 2020, 18:00. Otherwise, the application will not be valid.
Online Application Form (should be signed by the student and have to be delivered to the Erasmus Office).
- Official transcript of the previous higher education level for graduate and PhD students applying at their first semester and whose Yeditepe transcript and CGPA had not yet been established.
- Original, signed and stamped transcript of records which will be obtained from Student Affairs.
After having collected the required documents, applicant should submit them by hand to the Erasmus Office and complete/sign a Document Submittal Notebook. In case there are any missing documents, and/or required documents are not unsigned, such applications shall not be approved.
Minimum Erasmus Language Exam score is 60 upon 100.
To be able to enter the exams, students have to choose the related exam session(s) on KION - online application system (for detailed information please check “How to Apply” web page)
Exam places will be e-mailed to the successfully applied students’ std.yeditepe.edu.tr e-mail addresses.
If the language of instruction is only language; that language’s exam score will be taken into account for placement.Students should take the exam of the language that is required by the partner university as medium of instruction.
- For example:
If the medium of instruction is English in partner university; only English exam score will be taken into account for placement.
If the medium of instruction is German; only German language exam score will be taken into account for placement.
If there is more than one language as medium of instruction, students may participate related exam sessions.
- For example:
If the language of instruction stated as English or French, students may participate in both exams. Higher language exam score will be taken into account for placement.
If there are two medium of instruction, students may participate related exam sessions.
- For example:
If the language of instruction stated as English and French, students must participate in both exams.
Important: Students who stated that s/he will participate in the language exam(s) on online application form can participate in the exam. Students will not be accepted to the exams if the exam session is not selected by the student beforehand.
Erasmus Score is calculated as follows: 50% of GPA + 50% of language test score.
Erasmus score is an important factor for placing applicants to the preferred universities and the amount of grant the student will receive. All placed students will be ranked from highest to lowest Erasmus score for grant allocation.
When calculating Erasmus Score, the following points will be taken into consideration;
PARTNER INSTITUTIONS - AGREEMENTS
Partner universities which your department has Erasmus agreement with are listed in “Erasmus+ - Non Erasmus Agreements” page. Please check “Erasmus Agreements” carefully before making university preferences.
University preference can only be made with the universities listed under each department and after submitting applications, preferences cannot be changed.
University placements will be done automatically according to students’ Erasmus Scores who fulfil application requirements successfully and on time, and according to their university preferences indicated within their online application system. Placement list will be published on Erasmus Office web site.
Partner universities may request additional documents, language certificates etc. Before submitting applications, students should consult the Erasmus Department Coordinators and check the web sites of the candidate partner universities.
Coordinator List can be reached via List of Coordinators page.
- Students will be ranked in a descending order according to their Erasmus score. Grants will then be distributed to students according to the overall ranking.
- If allocated grant is not sufficient for all selected students; students can be granted partially.
- Grant is not guaranteed. In order to be placed a partner institution does not guarantee receiving grant.
- Grants may not be allocated to each student.
- Request for extension of study period abroad will be evaluated later. Students are allowed to undertake Erasmus activity or extend the mobility period by their own financial means.
- Grant payments shall be made in 2 instalments. First payment is 80% of the total Erasmus+ grant. Payment of the second instalment depends on students returning all necessary documentation to Yeditepe University, completing all required procedures, and students’ academic standing (successfully complete/pass at least half of the course credits). Failure to do so will mean forfeit of the second payment.
GRANT INTERRUPTION AND REFUND
- Students are required to be successful in at least 2/3 of the total number of credits they receive in the partner university. Students who cannot fulfil the required success might be requested of refund or interruption of the grant.
- In case the student does not take the OLS language assessment, which is mandatory for all participants of Erasmus+ mobility activities, a 5% cut will be imposed on grant allocated for total mobility period.
- In case the student does not fill out the EU Survey Participant Report, a 5% cut will be imposed on grant allocated for total mobility period.
- In case student returns to his/her home country earlier than the specified end date of the exchange period, s/he will receive grant only for the period s/he stayed in the destination country. In case student stays abroad longer than the specified end date of the mobility period, s/he will not receive any additional grant for the extended period.
- In case it is reported that the students’ travel to another country (outside the Programme Country where your Partner University is located) for more than 7 days, your grant will be cut in accordance with the total days you spent in Non-EU Programme Country/Countries.
- Erasmus Office may ask students to provide a copy of his/her passport for the determination of the period spent abroad if deemed necessary. • Students can, if they wish, renounce the financial support.
- The exact period of Erasmus activity is calculated based on the start/end dates specified in the certificate of participation.
- According to ‘’General Proposal Call’’ declared by the European Commission, Erasmus+ student mobility should last for at least 3 months. This minimum duration cannot be lessened apart from the majeure causes mentioned afore. If the duration of the mobility is below the minimum time, the grant will not be paid for that mobility.
- For students who end their mobility period before planned due to force majeure causes will be granted only for days rested at the foreign country. If the student is granted before mobility for more than actualized dates, the extra amount will be asked for refunding from the student.
* Majeure cause, stands for a situation or event that prevents one of the parts in a contract to fulfil its contractual obligation, not caused by fault or omission of the parts, subcontracts, affiliates or 3rd parts involved in the application, but occurs inevitably and unpredictably outside of the parts’ control, despite all the care and attention. A service not provided, defects in equipments or utensils or their delay in being prepared, cannot be declared as a majeure cause if not directly caused by a force majeure, labor dispute, strike or financial issues.
In addition to the main Erasmus+ grant, up to 100% extra Erasmus+ funding is available for students with disabilities/special needs and accompanying persons.
In addition to monthly grant rates, extra 100 € will be provided to students with financial needs. In accordance with Article 2 of Act No. 3294 on Social Assistance and Solidarity Fund of May 29th, 1989; students who receive pension or students whose parents receive pension are entitled to the abovementioned extra amount of grant. In order for a student to receive additional grant, s/he should apply to Erasmus Office before signing a Grant Agreement and present a documentation issued by the Provincial Directorate of Family, Labour and Social Services proving that s/he receives student welfare pension in accordance with the abovementioned Act.
PLACEMENT AND ANNOUNCEMENT
Erasmus Application Procedure as follows:
- Online Application
- Submission of Application Documents
- Participating in Erasmus Language Exam(s) (Important: Students who stated that s/he will participate in the language exam(s) on online application form can participate in the exams).
- Announcement of the Erasmus Language Exam Results administered by School of Foreign Languages.
- Announcement of Erasmus Placement: In accordance with the Erasmus Scores, students will be placed in partner institutions by a committee.
- Announcement Erasmus Grants: Following the announcement of the grant amounts allocated to universities by the National Agency, and the approval of intra-institutional budgeting, further details on grants are released.
Important: All placed students will be CANDIDATE ERASMUS STUDENTS. Students are required to receive acceptance letters from the host institution as well in order to participate in Erasmus mobility.
While any procedure regarding going abroad, finding accommodation abroad, passport and visa procedures are principally student’s responsibility.
It is students own responsibility to apply passport and visa, find accommodation place in abroad etc.
We wish you success.